Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 Discussion, general

+6
Sniper919
HCR M Angelo
luongo27
RR Rowdy Burns
KikRox268
Owen0501
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

F1 Discussion, general - Page 6 Empty Re: F1 Discussion, general

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 12:53 pm

To be the first driver you need to beat your teammate at every item on the "teammate challenge". You will get reviewed twice - At the end/beginning of each season and at race 10 - Germany. You will need to go from 2nd driver to equal and then to 1st. So it may take a whole season. If you Change teams make sure you will get Equal or 1st driver, or you will need to go an entire season to get 1st driver.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/27/2013, 12:13 am

Really? Need to "beat" them? I'm with Caterham and I can't fathom a podium, so at best we will be equal. I am leading in 3/5 categories. The other I will probably never see is points. If I'm ahead by Germany in 3/5, what teams will come my way? Should I take the offers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/27/2013, 12:41 am

Standings in F1 Pro updated through Monaco.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/27/2013, 3:13 am

OctoberDusk06 wrote:Really? Need to "beat" them? I'm with Caterham and I can't fathom a podium, so at best we will be equal. I am leading in 3/5 categories. The other I will probably never see is points. If I'm ahead by Germany in 3/5, what teams will come my way? Should I take the offers?

I copied my post from and achievement website. I can't say for sure which teams will offer as I'm only at round 6 (Monaco!!!!!!) I've been trying to run my career to the same schedule as the F1 Pro championship (but failed this week due to illness) as it will be more fun practising this way than hot lapping. I'm in a Force India.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/29/2013, 6:09 pm

I'm also following the schedule (real) with my career. It's a form of practice too. So I guess I'll not know until Germany, but chances are if you have done well, beaten your teammate, etc., the forums say you get offers from teams that are one tier up. I'll probably go with Williams if I get it, but otherwise, hold off until the end of the season for a better ride.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/31/2013, 1:59 pm

I'm in the Force India and it's my first season. I'm surprised because I don't think it should very been available according what I've read lately???

Also if you're doing we'll you will get multiple offers before the end of the season
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/3/2013, 9:18 am

I'm going to have to dive into China tonight lest I embarrass myself in Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/9/2013, 8:44 pm

With Sniper's departure from all race series' and hiatus from Realistic, Owen has stepped in as 2nd In Command. He's really been there from the start (actually long before I got here) and is as passionate about the series and F1 as anyone. I feel lucky to have him there. Thanks.

And, Sniper, we will miss you buddy. You were headed for the WDC, but on to bigger and better things hopefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by HRH 5 Racing 7/2/2013, 5:11 pm

Here was a big eye opener for me.
During practice on my own to prep. for the race, I had no problems with tires, wearing or anything.
During the qualy and actual race, my tires were going off real quick 7-10 laps the color would change and I would have to slow for most corners. I wasn't expecting this since I haven't raced the game much at all. Realizing this now I wonder how many laps others are getting and how many pit stops do you have to make. I did 2 at Silverstone.

HRH 5 Racing
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2013, 5:40 pm

The key is (Bronn don't kill me) to run a 50% race with another guy in "quick race" or even better in a private lobby. If you are going to practice, you might as well simulate the real race, as best you can tell with weather. Because the other modes, even quick race, can be deceptive. I would have only needed one stop, as recommended. Primes lasted much longer here, apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 7/2/2013, 5:45 pm

You shouldn't really be pitting twice on a 50% race. Your tyre wear could have been down to either the set up you were using or your driving style. We're running full damage, so you need to stay on the black stuff as much as possible and try not to lock-up when braking (you might not actually know you're locking up as it's difficult to feel), as this will significantly reduce your tyre life.

If you're constantly locking up on a particular corner try adjusting the brake bias - sometimes your engineer will suggest this. A smoother driving and braking style brings rewards.

I ran the option tyre until lap 12 then changed onto the prime for the remaining 14 laps.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2013, 5:57 pm

Yea, driving style does matter too. I agree. But this track seemed to be particularly harsh on the options, however, it could have been just me since I never quite got the feel for the track and was probably not driving exactly like Mr. Vettel. At least three of us should have ended our races with exploding tires, it appears. lol.

I love the realism of this game, even if it's imperfect sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by xCarnage12 7/22/2013, 9:24 am

Is this series still being completed on here or not cause i really like racing F1
xCarnage12
xCarnage12
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 7/22/2013, 10:25 am

Hey Stroker, unfortunately this is no longer being ru on this site. The series has moved with October and is being run on his site. I had intended to continue to run it here in parallel with the other site, but it wouldn't have worked.

If you wish to continue in the series you can run in it over there - there is no restriction on RR on drivers being on other sites or in series run on other sites.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6