Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS)

+2
Sniper919
Owen0501
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 5/21/2013, 8:35 am

Owen, I think the format as you have it is perfect because it's simple and clean.

Please put particular race results in the race specific thread unless you can devise a way to keep race results together and the individual races in decending order. in your tables, descending order, and overall at the top. I think this would springboard your standings to the top of the forum (a good thing) after every race (but still maintain the order you have now). As you know, I usually post individual race results as soon as possible (baring incident reviews) with as much detail as possible, including lap times, starting positions qualification times, and race points, DNF, DSQ, and may include DNF (no points) in the future. If you are wondering if an official update is "final" then you can either PM me or, like we discussed, put something like "unofficial"" or "provisional" until you know they are. I'm going to ask that an incident review cannot be accepted, barring extreme and unavoidable circumstances, unless done so before Wednesday midnight, following the race. If I have not posted by Wednesday, you can probably assume something is going on re: a dispute. If I have posted before Wednesday, I am reasonably certain that there will be no incident review. Of course, if penalties are handed out, the official standings will be adjusted. Thanks again for all your hard work on the charts. They look great.

Del, you had a wet dream about Monaco in the rain? Sounds like a horror movie!

Back to top Go down

Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS) - Page 2 Empty Re: Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 5/21/2013, 10:03 am

To keep it in the order I have now, I believe that all I need to do is add a new reply with the results of the latest race and edit the original post with the new overall standings. This way overall standings will always be the first post. Let me know if that’s ok or do you want the most recent race appearing directly below the overall standings?

This will of course be messed up if another member posts on the thread as something might appear in between the individual race results which is beyond my control.

I’ve seen the hospitality areas at Monaco (on TV of course), hmmm wet t-shirts… now I can understand the wet dream!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/21/2013, 10:05 pm

Well, fingers crossed that nobody messes up your neat work. I like it the way it is in descending order, but I'll leave that up to you. I have no power to edit either. We'd have to ask Sniper, I'd guess.

I wish I had recorded the results of every race at the end so we'd have complete data, but unless someone actually takes a pic of the screen before it disappears, poof!

Funny you mention Monaco being the "excess" of all the F1 excess. I was talking to Del about the girlie pics on the F1 race threads and all but had to apologize for Monaco, but, hey, that's what the damn place looks like everywhere you turn, I hear. So, I figure, when in Rome....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/21/2013, 10:09 pm

But, um, I just noticed your flag Owen:

Antigua and Barbuda Flag description:
Red, with an inverted isosceles triangle based on the top edge of the flag; the triangle contains three horizontal bands of black (top), light blue, and white, with a yellow rising sun in the black band; the sun symbolizes the dawn of a new era, black represents the African heritage of most of the population, blue is for hope, and red is for the dynamism of the people; the "V" stands for victory; the successive yellow, blue, and white coloring is also meant to evoke the country's tourist attractions of sun, sea, and sand.

So, I guess you are used to these boring ass bikinis? lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/22/2013, 5:43 am

I hear what you’re saying about recording the results, it’s a shame. I’m toying with the idea of buying a HD video game recording device, but will it be redundant with Xbox One? I’ll start taking photos at the end of each session going forward irrespective – I’ll make sure that I have my iphone to hand each race.

Yep, Monaco excesses – I’m pretty sure it's the whole entertainment package as well as 'the thrill' of driving Monaco that makes it the drivers favourite grand prix location Very Happy

I have a choice of flags - Antigua, both parents from there and I was born there, Sweden, as my mum is half Swedish, and England as I have lived most of my life here.
For the record, I will never be bored of seeing ass in bikinis! lol!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2013, 8:36 am

FINALLY got a sub 1:20 lap time on TT (1:19.4XX). but I know this will not translate to qualy speed. Need to run a gazillion laps to make sure I have the flow to prevent smashing into walls.

What's everyone else getting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/22/2013, 10:21 am

I ran a 1.20.x but hit a barrier - no surprise there!

Raced AI on legendary a few times last night and hit a barrier on every single lap!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2013, 6:29 pm

Holy crap, that's not encouraging. I don't think the game will bounce you for hitting barriers, but I think if A.I. are in there we could run into some DNF's. Repeated "dangerous driving" and "blocking" are no-nos.

I tried olliekart's setting and it seemed pretty stable. I'm just going to have to concentrate to staying off the wall, however slow that makes me, since one lost wing equals about 30-40 seconds of lost lap time. My strategy is to drive really slow it down during the race to survive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/22/2013, 8:38 pm

Weather Update:
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Sun May 26
Partly Cloudy
64° - day
53° - night
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain: 10%
Wind: W at 10 mph

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2013, 3:53 am

Ollikartes tune is pretty stable. I can hotlap without hitting a barrier but the problem is when your racing the AI on legend at Monaco they're all over you and if you don't push hard you get a penalty for blocking and that's what causes mistakes.

Trying to take a defensive line into corners because the AI do try to overtake you even when it's near impossible also can get a blocking penalty or, according to the game, you get a penalty for causing a crash behind you!

Please no AI at Monaco !!! LOL
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2013, 10:55 am

Let's hope eight show up then. A.I. or not, it's going to be frustrating. I tried some 50% races against the A.I, and could literally not get through to the end w/o going to the back for good or DSQ/DNF.

Just remember, this will be the most frustrating track anyone (probably) has ever run, so don't get annoyed because everyone is in the same boat. At any given lap, you are likely to catch the next guy or even place ahead due to repeated penalty and drive-throughs. Truly a war of attrition.

P.S. - Owen, damned if you are not right, DRS is turned off in the tunnel. Not sure if this is done because it's remotely triggered (or allowed) by signal or because of safety, since KERS is still available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/23/2013, 11:20 am

It's banned for this reason:

Formula 1 drivers will once again be banned from using DRS in the tunnel at the Monaco Grand Prix on safety grounds, AUTOSPORT can reveal

Last season, drivers campaigned in the build-up to the race for DRS to be disabled through the Monaco tunnel because of concerns that it could put them in a dangerous situation if they were forced to use it there throughout practice and qualifying.

The right hand kink inside the tunnel is flat-out, and if anything did go wrong and a driver lost control after activating DRS, then there is very little run-off at the exit.

The decision to outlaw DRS in the tunnel was welcomed by drivers ahead of last year's race, and there was even more relief afterwards in the wake of Sergio Perez's horrifying qualifying crash.

The Mexican suffered concussion in his accident in Q3, after losing control of his Sauber under braking for the chicane on the exit of the tunnel. Had DRS been allowed then it is likely that Perez would have been travelling up to 10km/h faster when he crashed - which could have meant the consequences of his accident being more severe
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2013, 3:14 pm

I actually like Perez. Not as much as Webber! I think this is a Red Bull race! And not 'bastion! Go Webber!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/23/2013, 8:27 pm

This is anyone's race. It's the great evener. Like Bristol with fast cars and expensive scenery. True, qualifying will be important, but staying off the wall will be just as important. I actually saw the safety car for the first time in one of my practice races. Very interesting. There are some very odd in-game requirements (in-game) that I like but TOTALLY unique. Hope you have gotten to experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 8:03 am

Once again a reminder that I won't be able to make it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 8:24 am

Survive and no penalties and I can win! Lol. The voodoo is here for you all to DQ

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/24/2013, 9:21 am

iiDangerCloseBK wrote:Once again a reminder that I won't be able to make it

I will be there for McLaren Smile
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 10:06 am

excellent EDC Primo and Hogge that you're making this race, and I know Stroker and Sniper have been setting fast times on Time Trial so I'm confident they'll be there.

Looking good for no AI with October, Luongo and me being ever present so far and hopefully others will be there.

Bronn, KikRox, Kizza GT you able to make it?
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 10:29 am

I say no AI anyway! If that is possible. That could DQ all of us with blocking penalties. Think about it..... I am good either way because I let them pass usually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 10:35 am

Hogge I agree, but we all voted in the rule changes and we can't keep changing them for individual races - as much as it pains me to say that..... Sad
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 11:11 am

I agree with Owen. Monaco is not Monaco without the added challenge. And there will only be a few if needed, up to 12.

But's its going to be tough regardless. I tried running a couple 50% races last night on Career in the Caterham and could not get through the 1st few laps. Finally, on like the 10th try, EIGHT of the A.I. were DNFed, so I had my highest finish of the year! That was a good lesson. Also, that pit entry is tricky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 11:17 am

Lol, I've been practising the pit entry - I'm not going to get caught out again like in Malaysia!! And yes it's tricky!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/24/2013, 1:03 pm

GP2 race today at Monaco... hopefully not a sign of things to come LOL

Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/24/2013, 6:50 pm

just ran laps around Monaco let me tell you was not the funnest laps i have driving hahah but times im getting are

dry- 1:15.200 probably can hit the 1:14's

wet- 1:22.00 could be faster but the rain on that track is sooooo annoying
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 7:24 pm

You will be right up there then Primo. That's nowhere near the times I've been hearing except for Sniper and Bronn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next