Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS)

+2
Sniper919
Owen0501
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS) - Page 3 Empty Re: Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Guest 5/24/2013, 7:33 pm

Back marker = harry

Back to top Go down

Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS) - Page 3 Empty Re: Race 6 - MONTE CARLO, MONACO (PRINCIPALITY OF) (WITH RESULTS)

Post by Owen0501 5/25/2013, 12:09 am

Don't worry Hogge, we'll have our own little battle!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2013, 1:04 am

I'll have my own little battle with the side rails, concrete barriers, and team owner. And to add insult, the camera man looking down on me laughing after I smash into the next to last turn for the 9th time.

If you see me walking down along the coast into a yacht of hot Hungarian chicks, someone make sure my car doesn't get stolen.

(But I really am secretly hoping for a safety car. The process it takes you through during that sequence is wild.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/25/2013, 11:41 am

Weather update:

2 PM-4PM Sunday
Sunny
64°
PRECIP: 0%
WIND: SW at 9 mph

Looks like a dry race boys. Come and enjoy the water and try not to end up taking a swim durng the race.

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 7:04 am

Damn you boys are quick! I've managed a 1:18.062 but messed up the chicane - not for the first and definitely not the last time! I reckon I lose around1.5 seconds per lap there! So annoying, but hey, I won't be driving flat out in the race so it doesn't matter!!!
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/26/2013, 11:44 am

yup same i run pretty fast but this track with the bumps tight turns and wallssss will get you trust me, took me awhile until i got that time i did clean ahahah
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/26/2013, 11:50 am

What time does this race start tonight?
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 11:52 am

Primo I know! Sadly I've not been able to get much practise on the one track you need lots of practise on! Will be logging on an hour early to get some Monaco track time before the race
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 11:52 am

Rowdy it starts at 9.30 BST
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/26/2013, 12:08 pm

i can practice some laps with you and doesnt it start at 3:30 est time. ?
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 12:13 pm

Cool - send me an FR and I'll catch up when I log on later. Yes 3.30 EST, 9.30 BST. I'll be practising from 2.30 EST, 8.30 BST
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronn Edward 5/26/2013, 1:47 pm

Been out of town for work, just sitting down to put my first lap in at monaco now... Luckily I know the track fairly well from a previous race...

Bronn Edward
Lollipop Man
Lollipop Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 5/26/2013, 1:50 pm

I don't know if any of you would be interested in running in the amateur series I have running on Tuesday nights, but you all are more than welcome to join. Would love to have you guys there.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2013, 3:49 pm

Weather: Sunny and clear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2013, 3:50 pm

wont matter much for this guy! I will not be Webber! No podium for me! hahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/26/2013, 4:17 pm

On my way home now may be 5 mins late I was with the family. Hope u guys can wait.
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 6:49 pm

Sorry I wasn't sociable this evening before, during and after the race - I've been unwell all week and had a stinking headache this evening.

Thought we would have seen a safety car for Hogge!

If I said I enjoyed the race I'd be lying!! That was painful! 2 punctures, 7 pit stops LOL
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/26/2013, 7:35 pm

yea and my DSQ No Sad No Sad
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/26/2013, 7:47 pm

Yep, that was unfortunate mate
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2013, 8:14 pm

I barely touched that wall too, letting you faster cars by and POOF too much damage....I guess I did lose 7 wings and had 5 pass throughs in 26 laps! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by EDC Primo 5/26/2013, 10:41 pm

yup be we got next race to look forward to haha
EDC Primo
EDC Primo
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2013, 11:09 pm

Ahh, Monaco.

First, there seems to be some confusion on the start time. It's basically 9:30pm whatever and whenever that time is where Owen is. I assume all of England is in the same time zone. So that means we got the odd shift to 3:30pm EDT U.S. (from EST) for a while because Britain didn't change over to daylight savings time until later, but now we are back to "normal." 9:30 English time, 4:30 EDT. Originally, Owen needed the races to start at 9:30pm his time, so that's the standard, but I think this is the same for all of Britain, no?

And yea, Monaco was frustrating, but we knew that going in. I was strangely satisfied at the amount of clean laps that I could actually run, and qualifying well. It is unique, and real drivers would say, a true test of driving ability. In that vein, we survived and are better off for the experience...I think. Look at the positive -- we all got valuable points.

New found admiration for sniper as a driver, since he not only smoked us all, but loves the track. Well done. Owen, I probably could have given you a bit more of a push, but it just wasn't worth it once I settled into a decent rhythm and you got too far ahead. Nice job to everyone who braved the circuit and staved off the A.I. All in all, it was a pretty clean race amongst us.

I'll put the video of the first 18 laps up ASAP. There are parts I definitely want to see, like how I drive through either Stoker or Harry like he was a ghost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2013, 11:23 pm

Qualifying: (pos., name, time)

1. Sniper919 - 1:16.608
2. EDC Primo - 1:17.454
3. Bronn Edward - 1:18.519
4. Owen0501 - 1:18.816
5. OctoberDusk06 - 1:21.075
6. luongo27 - 1:21.191
7. RR Harry Hogge - 1:32.189
8. RR Stroker Ace - No Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/26/2013, 11:44 pm

Race Results (position, driver, team, fastest lap, race time, points)

1. Sniper919 (Caterham) - 1:16.602 - 54.05.117 (25)
2. BronnEdward (Lotus) - 1:18.326 - +27.020 (18)
3. RR Stroker Ace (RBR) - 1:19.962 - +2 laps (15)
4. luongo27 (Mercedes) - 1:19.758 - +2 laps (12)
5. Owen0501 (Mercedes) - 1:20.227 - +3 laps (10)
6. OctoberDusk06 (Lotus)- 1:23.970 - +4 laps (8)
7. RR Harry Hogge (RBR) - 1:25.222 - DNF (6)
8. EDC Primo (McLaren) - 1:19.543 - DSQ (4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Owen0501 5/27/2013, 3:01 am

Sadly with only a few laps to go I was only 23 seconds behind Luongo so I started pushing hard to get within 10 seconds hoping he might have had a penaltiy, but I hit a barrier, lost my front wing and got a puncture at the first bend so had to crawl a full lap to the pits (pit stop no 7). I had a 2 mintue 30 second gap on you at tht point so just decided to coast it home for the last 5 - 6 laps. like you said, it wasnt worth. Could have ended with a DNF.
Owen0501
Owen0501
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next