Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Realistic Racing
Please make sure you have filled out the new driver registration section and registered your driver #
Realistic Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing)

+5
Bondzai
THF dvsSublime
RR Cole Trickle
luongo27
RR Rowdy Burns
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing) Empty 4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing)

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/5/2013, 4:55 pm

4 Hours of Road Atlanta

Road Atlanta is a 2.54-mile (4.088 km) road course located just north of Braselton, Georgia, USA. The facility is utilized for a wide variety of events, including professional and amateur sports car and motorcycle races, racing and driving schools, corporate programs and testing for motorsports teams. The track has 12 turns, including the famous "esses" between turns three and five; and Turn 12, a downhill, diving turn. The track is owned by Panoz Motorsports, and is the home to the Petit Le Mans, as well as AMA motorcycle racing, and smaller events throughout the year.

Target time: 1:23.000
Qualifying: 3/17 3pm EST, 27 laps (25 flying laps)
Race: 3/24 3pm EST
Pit window: 40min. - 20min. Each stint

Last edited by RR Rowdy Burns on 6/18/2013, 1:19 am; edited 4 times in total
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing) Empty Re: 4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing)

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/5/2013, 5:00 pm

Tight track, tight racing, could be a nerve racking 4 hours! CANT WAIT!!!
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing) Empty Re: 4 Hours of Road Atlanta (Winner Ford/FM Racing)

Post by Guest 3/5/2013, 5:19 pm

My test track! I am sure that I will still be slow, but I do know this track!

Back to top Go down

Post by luongo27 3/5/2013, 6:36 pm

Always seem to have issues here.
luongo27
luongo27
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Cole Trickle 3/5/2013, 10:59 pm

Hopefully Fords aren't as prone to rolling as a Volkswagen is...

quack
RR Cole Trickle
RR Cole Trickle
Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2013, 11:13 pm

Only I can properly roll a vw!

Back to top Go down

Post by THF dvsSublime 3/6/2013, 3:17 am

Are those the right dates?
THF dvsSublime
THF dvsSublime
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/6/2013, 3:49 am

I had it for 2/24 instead of 3/24 lol sorry about that
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/6/2013, 11:33 pm

Oh it's THIS track next! This is one of my favorite tracks to run the GT2 'Vette on--and it loves this place.

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/6/2013, 11:53 pm

thats what i like to hear
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/7/2013, 1:27 am

Dad's a former owner of this track see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Atlanta in the "History" section, one of the 1993 purchasers Bill Waddell), have driven here IRL, and you all will probably still kill me, but it is my test track, just like Lucky. I love this place like Spa. Kind of reminds me of VIR, which Forza needs to get on their list.

More Bio:

Road Atlanta, a track full of lore and red clay, drivers often call it "Red Atlanta" and the likes of Paul Newman, Jerry Glanville, and Mario Andretti have raced there. It is nestled in the North Georgia hills not far from Bill Elliot's home town and is indeed the home town of Kim Bassinger (possibly the most beautiful movie star ever, IMO). After the glory days in the 1970's the track fell into disrepair and rumor has it that the owner used to land planes full of cocaine on the backstretch.

After the 1993 purchase, the old track started creaking back to life. Back was the famous Trans-Am series. Commercials even were filmed there. Exxon brought their famous and very real "tiger" in the tank and he promptly got loose while the commercial was being filmed. The famous "dip" was removed by new owner Panoz, which in many drivers' mind was like removing Eau Rouge from Spa. Ironically, this was done to bring the track "up to FIA standards" for the new American LeMans Series. NASCAR, under the influence of the infamous Bruton Smith (who some say helped destroy the traditional roots of the sport, said "NASCAR would never race" at Road Atlanta. Strange because,

This is the saddest news of all: "In September 2012, the track was purchased by NASCAR...."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/7/2013, 7:07 am

WE OWN EVERYTHING!!! LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/7/2013, 7:58 am

RR Lucky Dog wrote:WE OWN EVERYTHING!!! LOL
leasing is not owning! Let alone everything you have is rent to own from Aarons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/7/2013, 8:19 am

Talking about NASCAR. And I own nothing from Aaron's. some people might take offense to that response, I on the other hand do not. Lol. Lucky Dog is the going to get you that 60 inch flat screen, with a 60% upcharge after 90 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/12/2013, 12:15 am

Please Send me a pm stating who will be qualifying for your team this weekend.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/14/2013, 1:19 am

I still need qualifiers from most teams pm'd to me. Please send these to me as soon as you can.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by THF dvsSublime 3/14/2013, 2:06 am

10-4 my good man
THF dvsSublime
THF dvsSublime
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/15/2013, 4:11 pm

Still need qualifying drivers for the following teams:

Turner Yellow
Turner Black
Flying Lizard
Team Lemons
Ford/FM Racing
Boosted Evolution Racing Group

Please PM your drivers to be guys
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/17/2013, 2:30 pm

Qualifying room will be open in 15 min.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/17/2013, 4:00 pm

Congrats to flying lizard for getting pole at Road Atlanta
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/19/2013, 10:52 am

ATTENTION ALL TEAM LEADERS

please send your stint roster to me this week please. I will not view them until sunday. Please put put your team name, and Road Atlanta in the subject bar.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/19/2013, 11:08 am

.... i see a vette lerking in the shadows..... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/19/2013, 1:47 pm

Stint rosters received:

Speed 2 RG
Turner Yellow (No qual penalty)
Corvette Racing
Team Lemons
Turner Black

I am keeping a rolling status of all teams that have sent me rosters. I will emphasize that i am not looking at these rosters.

Last edited by RR Rowdy Burns on 3/22/2013, 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/19/2013, 1:47 pm

ROSCOEpCOTRAIN wrote:.... i see a vette lerking in the shadows..... Suspect

We had a good qual, race should be good for sure.
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by RR Rowdy Burns 3/20/2013, 4:35 pm

Please sent those stint rosters guys. As soon as you find out who is running where. Pm those to me before Saturday at midnight EDT.

Thanks
RR Rowdy Burns
RR Rowdy Burns
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next